Bettye Lou Smith Holliday passed away on March 14, 2018. She is survived by one son, Thermon R. Holliday, Jr. (Leslie) and one daughter, Nichelle Holliday; 3 grandsons, Blair, Chase and Dallas Holliday; brother, William Smith (Jeanie); one sister, Mary Knox (Percy, Sr.) and a host of other relatives and friends. Bettye was an educator in the Compton Unified School District and in the Pasadena Unified School District. She ended her career as Principal of Altadena Elementary School. Bettye was an active member of Friendship Pasadena Church, and of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., among many other organizations. Visitation 3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Friday, Woods-Valentine Mortuary, 1455 N. Fair Oaks Ave., Pasadena. Services 10:30 a.m. Saturday, March 24, 2018, Friendship Pasadena Church, 80 W. Dayton St., Pasadena. Interment, Rose Hills Memorial Park, Whittier. Woods-Valentine Mortuary, Pasadena, Directing.
- Michelle Chambers Sets Course for California Senate District 35
- ‘Act Your Age’ is Exactly What Alyson Fouse is Doing!
- Malcolm X Route Designated in South L.A. Along Crenshaw Blvd.
- World Mourns the Loss of Tina Turner – the Queen of Rock’ n’ Roll
- From Smart & Final to his own Store: The Kobbler King Celebrates 30 Years
- Jim Brown Remember for His Athleticism, Activism, and Acting
- LA Rams Locker Room Hosts Mental Wellness Dialogue for Men Caregivers
- Becky Hammon, Aces, Punished for Comments Toward Dearica Hamby
- Student Athlete of the Week: Ryan Tripp
March 22, 2018