UPS® (NYSE:UPS) recently announced it still has about 2500 job openings out of over 4000 in the Los Angeles area.
The openings are a combination of seasonal and permanent jobs, and include part-time package handlers, drivers and driver-helpers.
The company is hiring about 95,000 people nationwide to gear up for the busy holiday shipping season, and hiring in Los Angeles is part of that effort.
UPS offers some of the best jobs in the country. Tractor-trailer driver and package car driver jobs start at $18.75 per hour. Pay for package handlers and driver-helpers starts at $10.15 per hour.
Permanent UPS jobs – including part-time positions – come with excellent pay and benefits, including healthcare and retirement benefits. In many locations part-time, permanent package handlers in college are also eligible for UPS’s Earn and Learn program, which offers up to $25,000 in tuition assistance.
A part-time or seasonal job is frequently a foot in the door to a career at UPS – just ask one of the many full-time UPS drivers, center managers, or senior executives who started as seasonal or part-time employees, including CEO David Abney. In fact, from the 2012 through 2014 holiday seasons, over 37 percent of the people UPS hired for seasonal package handler jobs wound up working for UPS on a permanent basis after the holidays were over.
“For many, it’s an opportunity to earn some extra cash for the holidays,” said Abney, who started loading trucks at night in 1974 while studying business at Delta State University in Mississippi. “But with many of our holiday hires getting permanent jobs with us, it can also be a gateway to a career.”
UPS is hiring at 10 area facilities:
· UPS Grande Vista Facility – 3333 Downey Rd., Vernon, CA 90058
· UPS Bell Facility – 4700 S. Eastern Ave., Bell, CA 90201
· UPS Main Street Facility – 1800 N. Main St., Los Angeles, CA 90031
· UPS Olympic Facility – 1201 W. Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90015
· UPS Bay Facility – 10690 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, 90025
· UPS San Fernando Facility – 12745 Arroyo St., Sylmar, CA 91342
· UPS Van Nuys Facility – 16000 Arminta St., Van Nuys, CA 91406
· UPS Gardena Facility – 17115 S. Western Ave., Gardena, CA 90247
· UPS Cerritos Facility – 13233 Moore St., Cerritos, CA 90703
· UPS San Gabriel Facility – 1100 Baldwin Park Blvd., Baldwin Park, CA 91706
In addition to the Los Angeles area hiring, UPS will also be hiring at additional facilities throughout Southern California.
More information and an online application are available at UPSjobs.com. Applicants must apply online. Interested job seekers are also encouraged to check UPS’s jobs site often, as new positions will be added throughout the peak holiday season.