Emmy-award winning journalist Shaun Robinson hosted a free event raising awareness on human sex trafficking at the Nate Holden Performing Arts Center on August 12.
Girls all over Southern California are being targeted by traffickers – in neighborhoods from Inglewood to Sherman Oaks to Beverly Hills. It’s happening on high school and college campuses and right in your own home without your knowledge. Young ladies and parents are invited take part in this dialogue to keep you and your loved ones safe from a growing epidemic.
“The Empowered Girl – How Not to be a Victim of Human Trafficking” is brought to you by the S.H.A.U.N. Foundation for Girls, a nonprofit founded by Shaun Robinson to empower young women through STEM education, the arts and healthy lifestyle choices. Sponsored by Ford Motor Company.
WHO: Shaun Robinson, television personality and philanthropist
· Garcelle Beauvais, actress
· Rachel Thomas, survivor/speaker
· Jessica Midkiff, survivor/speaker
· Joan Pera, Supervising Deputy Probation Officer, Los Angeles County
· Kim Biddle, Founder/CEO, “Saving Innocence” organization
· Tracey Webb, former Cyber Crime and Child Abuse prosecutor, Los Angeles
· Gina Loring, poet/vocalist