|WHAT||On March 16 and 17, the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County (NHM) celebrates Los Angeles’ wildlife during its fifth annual L.A. Nature Fest. The event will unfold in NHM’s very own Nature Gardens, the outdoor space where Museum scientists do real research and educators tell nature’s coolest stories. All wildlife lovers, from hiking machines to nature newbies, will be blown away by L.A.’s wild side: the plants, the animals, and the people devoted to protecting and studying them.
Visitors can participate in hands-on workshops and experience local nature first hand with a range of activities for all ages.
|WHEN||Saturday and Sunday
March 16 and 17, 2019
9:30 am – 5 pm
|WHERE||Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
900 Exhibition Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90007
|FREE with paid museum admission or for Members. For information and to purchase tickets, visit NHM.ORG/naturefest.
There is also free General Admission, all the time, for California EBT cardholders with I.D., California teachers with I.D., and active or retired military with I.D.
Groups of 10 or more people receive discounted rates on Museum admission. Group tickets available now by calling 213.763.3218 or by emailing [email protected] for reservations and more.
|SOCIAL||Join the conversation online!
#NHMLA | #LANatureFest
Follow us @nhmla
|NHMLAC||The Natural History Museums of Los Angeles County (NHMLAC) include the Natural History Museum, La Brea Tar Pits, and the William S. Hart Museum. They operate under the collective vision to inspire wonder, discovery, and responsibility for our natural and cultural worlds. The museums hold one of the world’s most extensive and valuable collections of natural and cultural history—more than 35 million objects. Using these collections for groundbreaking scientific and historic research, the museums also incorporate them into on- and offsite nature and culture exploration in L.A. neighborhoods, and a slate of community science programs—creating indoor-outdoor visitor experience that explore the past, present, and future.|
- THIS IS A SAD DAY IN OUR COMMUNITY – Mark Ridley-Thomas Found Guilty on 7 Counts
- Jury Deliberations Resume for 4th Day in Ridley-Thomas Corruption Trial
- Q&A with Jacqueline Stewart – A Women’s History Month Exclusive
- Dupont-Walker Enjoys Advocating and Giving Back to Her Community
- ‘Keep Going’ – Author Kellye Garret Discusses Her Novel ‘Like A Sister’
- Kappa Alpha Psi – Pasadena Alumni Chapter Celebrates 62nd Charter Anniversary
- BBA Hosts 20th Anniversary of Salute to Black Women
- ‘A Thousand and One’ – A Great First Film by A.V. Rockwell
March 14, 2019