|A 66-year-old man was charged today with killing his wife of more than 30 years by slitting her throat, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced.
Deputy District Attorney Van Ha said Henry Cunningham (dob 9/26/52) of Compton faces one felony count of murder and one misdemeanor count of cruelty to child by inflicting injury.
Arraignment in case TA147755 is scheduled today in Department 12 of the Los Angeles County Superior Court, Compton Branch.
On Dec. 17, victim Melanie Cunningham, 58, and her 1-year-old granddaughter were asleep inside the victim’s bedroom when the defendant allegedly grabbed a kitchen knife and slit her throat, killing her, the prosecutor said.
Bail is set at more than $1 million. If convicted as charged, the defendant faces a possible maximum sentence of 25 years to life in state prison.
The case remains under investigation by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Compton Station.
- Jonathan Majors Did What?! Fan’s Reactions to Current Strangulation and Harassment Charge
- LAUSD, District Service Workers Reach Tentative Labor Deal After 3-Day Strike
- Pam Bakewell Headlines Chamber’s Women in Leadership Series
- Michelle Miller Releases ‘Belonging: A Daughter’s Search for Identity Through Love and Loss’
- Sandra Evers-Manly: Black Hollywood Advocate, Philanthropist, and Fundraiser
- Jacqueline Pruitt Ensures Her Company Provides High Quality Rebar Installation
- Mayor Bass Marks 100 Days in Office: Housing Homeless Angelenos ‘Coming to Fruition’
- FAMS Founder Tobago Benito Speaks on Black-owned businesses in the Music Industry
- Clippers Suffer Major Loss to Pelicans 131-110
- Angel City Loses to Gotham FC in Season Debut
- Shared Harvest Shines Light on Physician Trauma
December 20, 2018