As we enter the New Year, many of us are creating and have pledged many resolutions on what we plan to do in 2023. These resolutions include things like exercise, eating healthier, spend more time with family and friends, losing weight and save money.
The Brotherhood Crusade Energy Efficiency Outreach team wants to help you save money by suggesting a few ways you can save energy and conserve water for the upcoming year. Besides conserving precious water and energy in our community, it will also reduce your utility bills thus helping you save more money in the process.
Here are just a few ways you can save energy and conserve water in the New Year…
- CUT THE POWER – Turn lights off when you exit a room
- POWER SHOWER – Limit showers to 5 minutes or less
- RECYCLE & REUSE – Practice recycling
- TURN IT OFF – Turn off the faucet while brushing teeth
- LEAD WITH LED – Use More efficient LED bulbs in your light fixtures
- SLOW THE FLOW – Use low flow showerheads and upgrade toilets
- FILL IT UP- Only run full loads of clothes or dishes
- CHILL OUT – Wash clothes in cold water
So, pick one or two of the above habits, make a pledge and resolution to conserve. Highly-intentional conservation habits will definitely assist our underserved residents who spend more money on water and power than any other class in the Los Angeles area.
For additional information about how to get rebates and learn more about environmental awareness in our communities, contact D. Anthony Ephriam at [email protected].