Wednesday, July 6, 2022
CLOSE
 
Relationship between Bosh, Heat continues disintegrating
By TIM REYNOLDS AP Basketball Writer
Published October 5, 2016
FILE - In this Feb. 3, 2016, file photo, Miami Heat forward Chris Bosh (1) reacts to a call during the second half of an NBA basketball game against the Dallas Mavericks, in Dallas. Bosh was dealing with more than one blood clot earlier this year, and said Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2016,  that he felt written off when Miami Heat team doctors advised him that the situation would likely be career-ending. (AP Photo/LM Otero, File)

FILE – In this Feb. 3, 2016, file photo, Miami Heat forward Chris Bosh (1) reacts to a call during the second half of an NBA basketball game against the Dallas Mavericks, in Dallas. Bosh was dealing with more than one blood clot earlier this year, and said Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2016, that he felt written off when Miami Heat team doctors advised him that the situation would likely be career-ending.
(AP Photo/LM Otero, File)

The relationship between Chris Bosh and the Miami Heat continued disintegrating Friday, with the All-Star saying that the team did not tell him before going public with their belief that he will not play for them again.

The Heat denied that assertion, with a team spokesman saying that calls, texts and emails to Bosh in the days before team president Pat Riley made that announcement earlier this week were not acknowledged.

Riley offered similar sentiments Monday when revealing that ongoing concerns about Bosh’s health will keep him from being in the team plan going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT

“I didn’t see my career in Miami ending like this,” Bosh said.

Bosh released another installment of his video series as well as a blog post Friday, with neither offering any specifics about his health. Bosh’s last two seasons ended at the All-Star break because of the discovery of blood clots. He failed a preseason physical and was not cleared by the team to resume basketball activities.

The Heat have not been able to share any other specific details, citing an NBA rule that prevents teams from divulging such information without the consent of the player involved.

Bosh has not given that consent to the team. He has not addressed why that’s the case.

“I guess my career in Miami is done,” Bosh said in the video, another one released through LeBron James’ digital platform called Uninterrupted. “My career’s not done. But I did not expect that, at all.”

Bosh said on the video that he threw his phone down and stormed out of the room when he got the news _ but it was unclear what news he was referring to, whether it was the news that he failed his physical, or Riley’s announcement, or something else.

ADVERTISEMENT

“There’s 29 other teams,” Bosh said. “There’s a whole league. One team does not make up the opinion of everything.”

Bosh is owed about $76 million over the next three seasons. His contract is guaranteed, though the Heat could try to get salary-cap relief starting in February.

Categories: Basketball | Sports
Tags: | | | |

Get the Los Angeles Sentinel App!



Since 1933 The Voice of Our Community Speaking for Itself.
89 Years of LA Sentinel.
Black News.

LA Sentinel
in your pocket:





TOS-Cookbook-Web

LA Watts Times

 
© 2022 Los Angeles Sentinel All Rights Reserved • A Bakewell Media Publication

AboutArchivesContact UsCorrections & MisprintsMedia Kit

Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy

LA Watts TimesTaste of Soul

Close / I'm already on the list

Subscribe Today!

Don't be limited anymore! Subscribe Now »

** Existing subscribers, please Login / Register for Digital »

Subscribe to The Los Angeles Sentinel for only $5.99 $3.99 per month, with 1 month free!

Relax in comfort each week as you read the printed newspaper on your own time, delivered weekly to your home or office. This subscription also includes UNLIMITED DIGITAL ACCESS for all of your devices. Includes FREE shipping! One easy payment of $3.99/month gets you:

Subscribe Now »