Over 400 guests gathered at Los Angeles Trade-Technical School (LATTC) on Monday, October 11, 2018 to honor an alumni for the first time. Micky Dolenz, of the legendary group The Monkees, was presented with an honorary Associate of Arts (AA) degree. Dolenz was enrolled at LATTC to become an architect when he was asked to audition for The Monkees. Dolenz’s appeal spans across decades and is as well known today as it was during the 60’s. Apart from global acclaim for his musicianship, Dolenz has also produced and directed television shows, as well as starred in theatrical productions on Broadway and London’s West End. And, although his initial vocational aspirations were interrupted by the commercial success of The Monkees, Dolenz has put those skills to use by designing custom furniture at his company, Dolenz and Daughters. Additionally, four individuals who have shown support the college through funding and internships were also feted: Sylvia Castillo, director of foundation and community outreach, Union Bank; Brian D’Arcy, business manager, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 18 (IBEW), Deborah Flint, CEO, Los Angeles World Airports; and Todd Stevens, CEO, California Resources Corporation. The dinner was catered by students from the Culinary and Baking Program and raised scholarship, aid for students as funding for LATTC’s Tools for the Trade Program.
- Black & Brown Community Leaders Show Up for Barbara Lee for U.S. Senate Campaign
- Thinking Bigger with the ThinkWatts Foundation
- African American Firefighter Museum Traces History From Segregation to Integration
- London Brown: How to Become a ‘Baller’ Through the ‘Power’ of Education!
- Mothers In Action Brings Thanksgiving to Seniors and the Community
- LADWP to Build and Operate EV Fast-Charging Stations in Underserved Communities
- Jordan Defeat Washington Prep in City Section Division III Championships
- Legislature Revisits Bill to Increase Voter Registration Options for Californians
- Values Partnerships Launches Faith and Mental Health Resource with Bishop Jakes
- World AIDS Day – Time for Reflection and Action