The 3rd Annual San Pedro Music Festival (SPMF) is coming Sunday, September 10, from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m., at the historic Warner Grand Theater, 478 W 6th Street in San Pedro.
“We are excited to produce the 3rd Annual San Pedro Music Festival as the final event at the Warner Grand Theater on the very last day before the time-honored venue closes its doors for a highly anticipated renovation. In other words, we are going to raise the roof before the construction crew does!” said beloved San Pedro resident and world-renowned soul jazz veteran Windy Barnes. “The Festival is also a ‘party with a purpose’ fund raiser for the organization’s Heal My Family Program.”
Local vendors and restaurants will present eye–popping merch and tasty offerings throughout the evening. A VIP reception from 2:30pm – 4pm, will feature signature wines and music. A silent “ Purple Carpet” auction and lots of celebrity sightings will kick off the evening creating fun memories to last a lifetime.
- Poncho Sanchez – A popular Grammy awarded artist carrying forth the traditions of Latin Jazz, influenced by Mongo Santamaria, Tito Puente, Cal Tjader, John Coltrane., Wilson Pickett and James Brown. Sanchez grew up in a suburb of Los Angeles, where he was raised on an unusual cross section of sounds that included straight-ahead jazz, Latin jazz and American soul.
- Tony Terry – Tony Terry is a recording artist, well known for adult contemporary jazz, R&B . soul/new jack swing and gospel. He is also a heralded film and stage actor.
- The Scorch Sisters – Francesca Capasso(vox, perc.), Alicia Morgan (vox, keys), Kimberly Allison (gtrs.), Elizabeth Hangan (bass, vox), and Trish Lash (drums, vox) bring to the blues a mix of jaw-dropping virtuosity and down-home raw heart and soul, with a sound uniquely their own. Adding a flavor of funk, a soupçon of soul, and just a touch of jazz, the Scorch Sisters’ musical gumbo is hot, tasty and soul-satisfying!
- THE LAW – THE LAW (all caps) is a family R&B trio. Members are Windy Barnes and her two daughters Sunny Daye and Amirah Simpson. They toured throughout Spain with Julio Iglesias and performed in Japan for a four month engagement.
- Jazz in Pink – Jazz In Pink is the world-renowned, all-female, all-Star band based in Los Angeles, CA. For 15 years, Jazz In Pink has emerged as one of the world’s most prominent and popular all-female, ensembles. Jazz In Pink delivers a mixed genre which is primarily Jazz with soul, R&B, symphonic, rock and hip-hop undertones. Keyboardist and vocalist Gail Jhonson; Tiffini “Worldwide” Walker,/Drums, Kya Karine/Upright & Electric Bass, Tatiana Tate/Trumpet & Vocals, Guitarist Keyanna Hutchison, Yakira/Percussion & Vocals; recording artist Phylicia Rae on Bass, Tomoka/Saxophones & Flute, as well as the talented vocals of Blended By God-Tamina Khyrah-joi and Aanhka Neal. Green/Violin, Dr. Jazmin Ghent /Sax & Vocals, Brooke Alford/Violin & Vocals,
- Stacey Bulluck – Speaker, life-coach, CEO and best-selling author. She ignites resilience power and confidence to her audiences.
- The Foundation – The Foundation is a distinguished and local three-man group that pays tribute to the highly celebrated and incomparable O’Jays.
- John Stanley King – John is a phenomenal guitar player, multi-instrumentalist and accomplished vocalist with a style all his own. He will be accompanied by Richard Turner Jr. (88 Fingers) on piano, Grammy Award winning trumpet player Wayne Cobham, Ty Fleming on drums, KT Tyler on bass, and Norman Merten on guitar.
- Windy Barnes – Windy Barnes’ luxurious vocals move effortlessly from Jazz to Pop to R&B and Gospel. It’s easy to see why she is one of the most sought-after singers around the globe. Windy has been well received throughout Asia and most recently headlined the Dakar-Goree Jazz festival in Senegal. She has traveled the world many times with Julio Iglesias, Stevie Wonder and Michael Bolton. Her Sold Out Performances have kept her fans coming back for more and more of her sultry, soulful vocals and her unique style of captivating her diverse audiences. Windy is also the creator, host and producer of the San Pedro Music Festival.