Underscoring his fundraising prowess and formidability as the favored candidate in the race for California’s 35th State Senate District seat, the Steve Bradford campaign announced that it had raised a whopping $614,067 for the June Primary election and has $440,987 cash on hand.
“I am so grateful for this broad outpouring of support from so many contributors to our effort,” said Bradford, a former state assemblyman.
“This strong fundraising number clearly demonstrates that our message of more good paying jobs, safer local neighborhoods, better schools, and expanded access to healthcare is resonating. Nonetheless, I recognize that we’re still far out from the election, and that’s why I plan to double down on our efforts to continue raising the resources we need to run a competitive and districtwide campaign.”
Beyond fundraising, Bradford has been outpacing every other candidate in the race to secure high-powered endorsements. Below are a few highlights of his top supporters:
• California Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom
• California State Senate President Kevin de León
• California Board of Equalization Chair Jerome Horton
• Incumbent State Senator Isadore Hall
• Congresswoman Janice Hahn
• Congresswoman Karen Bass
• Los Angeles City Council President Herb Wesson
• California Democratic Party Vice Chair & L.A. County Democratic Party Chair Eric C. Bauman
• California Democratic Party Vice Chair Alex Rooker
• Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC)
• California Nurses Association (CNA)
Steve Bradford is no stranger to the district, he previously represented portions of the 35th Senate district for eighteen years – first as a member of the Gardena City Council and then as a member of the California State Assembly where he served as a community favorite until his tenure ended do to term limits.