Today, Rep. Karen Bass (D-Calif.) announced the appointment of Jacqueline Hamilton to serve as her next District Director.
“Jacqueline’s tireless work on behalf of the people of Los Angeles makes her a terrific choice as District Director,” said Congressmember Bass. “I value her ability to get things done. I look forward to continuing to work with her, especially since she has a real heart for connecting people to resources.”
“With our communities facing the COVID health crisis, economic devastation, lost loved ones and so much more, our District Office will continue to do all we can to help directly, or to get folks the assistance they need,” said Jacqueline Hamilton. “One of the most important jobs in a representative democracy is helping constituents stay connected to those they have elected. I want to go even deeper in our engagement with, and service to, the people who have sent Rep. Bass to Washington, D.C.”
“Even when it takes coordinating among many levels of government, Jacqueline knows how to keep a project moving,” said Jacquelyn Dupont-Walker, Executive Director, Ward Economic Development Corp and Board Member, LA Metro. “She brings integrity and dedication to her job, and her experience and insight help her relate to whoever she speaks with, whether a church group, a community meeting, or major business leaders. Jacqueline is the epitome of the servant-leader.”
“In Jacqueline Hamilton’s many years of involvement in the Jewish community, I‘ve seen her as an effective advocate for what is just and right, powered by her unique combination of wisdom, dedication, and humility. She will guide us through this challenging time with expertise and grace,” said Rabbi Sharon Brous, Senior Rabbi, IKAR
“Jacqueline’s legal background helps her spot policy solutions to recurring problems,” said Diego Cartagena, President and CEO of Bet Tzedek Legal Services. “She also brings her family experience as a first generation American who grew up in Southern California to understanding the issues that many of our clients face.”
Jacqueline Hamilton joined Rep. Bass’ office in 2014, serving as Senior Field Representative and then Senior Counsel, handling the westside of the district and a portfolio of issues including healthcare, education, environment and airplane noise. Before joining Team Bass, she served eight years as executive director of the Education Consortium of Central Los Angeles (ECCLA), a partnership among significant south LA education institutions including USC and the Exposition Park museums. Prior to that she spent 9 years working for two major national environmental organizations, in both Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. She holds a B.A. in Theatre from UCLA and a J.D. from Yale Law School.
The Congressmember also appointed Darryn Harris to serve as Chief of Staff. Read more here.
- Jonathan Majors Did What?! Fan’s Reactions to Current Strangulation and Harassment Charge
- LAUSD, District Service Workers Reach Tentative Labor Deal After 3-Day Strike
- Pam Bakewell Headlines Chamber’s Women in Leadership Series
- Michelle Miller Releases ‘Belonging: A Daughter’s Search for Identity Through Love and Loss’
- Sandra Evers-Manly: Black Hollywood Advocate, Philanthropist, and Fundraiser
- Jacqueline Pruitt Ensures Her Company Provides High Quality Rebar Installation
- Mayor Bass Marks 100 Days in Office: Housing Homeless Angelenos ‘Coming to Fruition’
- Ingenium Charter Schools Hosts Open House for Prospective Parents
- FAMS Founder Tobago Benito Speaks on Black-owned businesses in the Music Industry
- Clippers Suffer Major Loss to Pelicans 131-110
- Angel City Loses to Gotham FC in Season Debut