The 2018 Black Music Honors recognized the legacy of Aretha Franklin during the award show taping on Thursday, August 16. . Hosted by 2017 Marconi Award Winner Rickey Smiley and singer/actress LeToya Luckett, the annual two-hour television special honors artists and musicians who have influenced and made significant contributions to American music. This year’s honorees were Bobby Brown, Faith Evans, Bebe & Cece Winans, Whodini, Stephanie Mills and Dallas Austin.
- City National Bank Sponsors Brenda Marsh-Mitchell Gospel Stage at 2023 Taste of Soul
- The Rams, City Year, Beautify Washington Prep High School
- L.A. Urban League Host Analysis on State of Black Los Angeles
- Crenshaw Wall to Receive Long-Awaited Renovation
- The Second Annual HBCU Culture Fest Returns to L.A.
- Princess of Tennis: Coco Gauff’s Historic Summer Solidifies Her as a Tennis Great
- Protect Yourself from Scams
- Exploring the Broader Impact of Howard vs. Hampton HBCU Football Tradition on African American Community and Culture
- 49ers Edge Out Rams in 30-23 Thriller in Los Angeles
- Singer Maeta stuns Los Angeles on her “When I Hear Your Name Tour”