PHOTO + BROADCAST
|There is no need to travel farther than Third & Fairfax to enjoy a true New Orleans-style Mardi Gras celebration! Returning for its 30th year, The Original Farmers Market’s Annual Mardi Gras Celebration breaks out the beads with a three-day event that offers down-home fun for everyone. Open to the public, and one of the only family-friendly Mardi Gras celebrations in town, the festivities take place on Saturday, March 2nd, Sunday, March 3rd and come to an end on Fat Tuesday, March 5th. Against a festive backdrop of purple, green and gold décor, enjoy New Orleans’ classics – King Cake, beignets, delicious, made-from-scratch Cajun gumbo and jambalaya from The Gumbo Pot – and a musical line-up that will bring the celebration to life, with performances by Market-favorite Eddie Baytos and The Nervis Brothers, and more. The Dog Bakery will also host its Annual Mutti Gras Pet Parade on the Market Plaza from 12 to 1 p.m. on Saturday, March 2nd with prizes awarded to the best dressed furry King and Queen of Mutti Gras. Laissez les bons temps rouler (“Let the good times roll”)!
A full schedule of activities and performances follows.
● 5th Annual Mutti Gras Pet Parade, hosted by The Dog Bakery, will feature our furry four-legged friends (and occasionally a cat or rabbit) dressed in creative costumes parading across the Plaza. The audience will determine the lucky winners of King and Queen of Mutti Gras, who will take home prizes from The Dog Bakery
● The Gumbo Pot will be serving up its delicious, made-from-scratch Cajun gumbo, jambalaya, specialty beignets and King Cake
● Much like beads are tossed from the balconies of Bourbon Street in New Orleans, the Market will feature bead-throwing from the Gate 1 interior balcony at the top of each hour
● Live musical performances by Cajun and Zydeco favorites Eddie Baytos and The Nervis Brothers, Mudbug Brass Band, Bonnie Musique Zydeco, Floyd and the Fly Boys, High Life Cajun Band, Grammy-nominated Lisa Haley and the Zydekats and more will bring the Mardi Gras celebrations to life
● The entire Market will be decked out in purple, green and gold decor
|WHEN:||Saturday, March 2nd – Sunday, March 3rd; Tuesday, March 5th
The Original Farmers Market
6333 W Third St.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
|PARKING + ADMISSION
|All events are free and open to the public. Parking at the Farmers Market is free for 90 minutes with a purchase and validation from any Market merchant. One-hour free parking is available in The Grove parking structure.|