Bryce JonesÂ (Taft)
Photo Credit: Nick Koza for Sentinel
Sentinel Prep Basketball Top 10
By Evan Barnes, Sentinel Sports Editor
1. Westchester (19-3) – Fairfax didn’t know what hit them on Monday as five Comets scored in double figures during their 36-point victory.
2. Long Beach Poly (19-3) – Name to watch – Roshcon Prince could rival Crenshaw’s Isaac Hamilton as the best freshman in the region.
3. Taft (17-3) – Safe to say the Toreadors are back and with the marquee game at the Nike Extravaganza, they’ll have one more major audition before wrapping up league next week.
4. Gardena Serra (22-2) – Only drop one slot because they played Taft tough but they’ll get time to regroup with only game this week, yesterday at against St. Bernard’s;
5. Price (20-2) – Allen Crabbe (38 pts twice last week) might be one of the best scoring guards in the state.
6. Leuzinger (15-6) – Anytime someone can get a triple-double, they’re getting some love here. Delon Wright (19 pts, 10 rebs, 10 assists) and Amir Garrett (23 and 22 points last week) are big reasons the Olympians could have their first undefeated run in league
7. Compton Centennial (16-5) – Yesterday’s game over North Torrance should ensure the Apaches new nickname as Kings of Torrance.
8. Crenshaw (13-3) – Head coach Ed Waters applauded his team’s performance against Price and he should. See Prep Report for more.
9. Windward (15-6) – The Wildcats might be under the radar this year but Wesley Saunders (23.7 pts and 10.9 rebs) is one of the top juniors in the area.
10. Washington (13-7) – The Generals took a slight stumble against San Pedro last week but regrouped to beat King-Drew on Monday. They’ll face Narbonne on Friday