Isaac Hamilton (Crenshaw)
Photo Credit: Nick Koza for Sentinel
Sentinel Top 10 Basketball Poll
By Evan Barnes, Sentinel Sports Editor
With the playoffs starting this week, this will be the final poll of the season. Also, we’d like to make a correction. Two weeks ago, Taft’s Bryce Jones was our lead picture but had the wrong caption underneath.
1. Westchester (23-3) – The race to an 11th City title starts tomorrow as the City’s No. 1 seed hosts L.A. Lincoln.
2. Long Beach Poly – The Division IAA No. 2 seed hopes for their first CIF title since 2004 and Mater Dei is the biggest threat to that goal.
3. Taft (21-4) – No. 2 in the City takes on Sylmar in their opening round action.
4. Gardena Serra (25-2) – No. 1 seed in Division IIIA is playing for more than a CIF or state title after unfortunate passing of senior guard Vaughn Autry’s father.
5. Leuzinger – Road to CIF title started yesterday with playoff game against Lancaster.
6. Price (24-3) – Safest bet out of anyone to win a CIF title so go ahead and pencil them in the for the regionals.
7. Compton Centennial (21-5) – In case you forgot what they did earlier this season, the playoffs will be a clear reminder.
8. Crenshaw (19-3) – The Cougars earn their highest seed in years and will give Taft fits in a possible semifinal meeting.
9. Washington Prep (20-6) – The Generals led off our playoff preview and after beating Price, they’re the biggest wild card in the City.
10. Windward (19-7) – The No. 1 seed in the Division VAA is ready for a repeat CIF title.