Sentinel Prep Football Top 10
Marquis Thompson (Crenshaw) – Jason Lewis for Sentinel
By Evan Barnes
Sentinel Sports Editor
There’s a lot of movement this week and there’ll be some more after this week as the final week of pre-league schedule resumes.
1. Crenshaw (5-0) – The Cougars deserve a rest after what they’ve done so far. All eyes resume watching next week vs. Manual Arts
2. Serra (5-0) – How’s this for a welcome back. After being idle last week, They host Taft who’ll unveil the City Section’s X-factor Lucky Radley for the first time after his transfer from Agoura.
3. Carson (3-2) – Was West Adams Prep really a sleeper? The Colts ended that dream with a shutout. Good luck to Washington stopping the Marine League favorite.
4. Dorsey (4-0) – Road trip to San Diego for the Dons to see Mira Mesa after sending Birmingham to 0-5. Think they’re hungry to prove last year was a fluke?
5. Narbonne (2-2) –Gauchos showed some toughness beating Orange Lutheran on the road in double overtime so they move on up. But for how long because Los Alamitos awaits tonight.
6. Taft (2-2) – Toreadors hold their spot but will reinforcements help against Serra tomorrow? Either way, plenty of big play threats on both sides of the field for both teams.
7. Culver City (3-1) –How far do you penalize the Centaurs for losing big to Crenshaw? Given that they’re still a good team against anyone else, they drop down three slots but we’ll be watching against Redondo.
8. San Pedro (3-1) – I’m not sold on the Pirates early season schedule, save for last week’s win against Inglewood. Beating Jefferson this week won’t help either until they face Narbonne next week.
9. Venice (3-1) – Hung tough with Oaks Christian for three quarters but HS tacklers are no match for Army All-American Malcolm Jones (333 yards). Coming up next for the rebound, San Fernando.
10. Inglewood (3-1) – Gave San Pedro a dogfight by stuffing their run game until the end. They hold at No. 10 but better regroup against Palos Verdes Friday.