Black Women for Wellness is currently recruiting for temporary part time canvassers based out of their Sisters in Control Reproductive Justice Program (SCRJ) to speak with the community about Black women and girls health. Employment dates are from Nov 7 – Dec 12. Please send resume and a very short cover letter (no more than three sentences) to Jom at Jom@bwwla.com.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Walking Door to Door in specific Los Angeles County neighborhoods
- Making phone calls ( phone banking) to community members about voting
- Talking to community members about the importance of voting
- Collecting voter pledge information
- Registering people to vote
- Light data entry
- Able to walk short distances
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work unusual work hours, including weekends ( both Saturday and Sunday) and evenings.
- Reliable transportation
Strong candidates will have:
- Experience in community organizing or canvassing
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment within the context of an overall plan and structure
- Excellent communication skills in one-on-one and group settings
- Good organizational and administrative skills
- Willing and able to travel to appropriate work sites, and to work long and irregular work hours
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
$12.00 – $15.00 an hour depending on experience
Black Women for Wellness is an equal opportunity employer.