1. 1. Serra (9-0)…mighty Cavs have won 19 consecutive games dating back to last season and last week added undefeated St. Francis to the list with a 35-21 win at home. Closes another stellar season at St. Paul Nov. 8.
2. 2. Long Beach Poly (8-1)…the Jackrabbits have steadied the ship and are set sailing for the post season after blasting Millikan 49-6. Will close season at Wilson Friday.
3. 3. Venice (7-2)…nothing wrong with the way Venice is tightening its screws for the city playoffs where a top seed is possible. The Gondos pounded Fairfax 49-0 and will host Westchester in the Western League finale on Friday.
4. 4. Narbonne (7-2)…routed Gardena 42-0 and can finish out an undefeated Marine League season with a victory over Carson on Friday. The Marine is the best league in the city by far and if Narbonne wins it, a top seed is in order.
5. 5. Crenshaw (5-4)…now that the Cougars are over the .500 hump after blanking Manual Arts 52-0, all that is let is hapless Rancho Dominguez Prep and the seedings for the playoffs. Coliseum league champs are likely to land in top four.
6. 6. Carson (5-4)…punished the Pilots of Banning 55-13 and now meets Narbonne for the Marine League title on Friday. If the Colts win, they are not a top seed, and then Crenshaw probably moves to No. 2.
7. 7.San Pedro (6-3)… its too late to look back now, Pirates defeated Washington Prep 40-6 and travels to Gardena for the Marine league finale. Needs for Carson to beat Narbonne to aid their seed in the post season.
8. 8. Palos Verdes (7-2)…ultra dangerous after knocking off young Redondo Union 24-14. Plays host to Palos Verdes Peninsula on Friday.
9. 9. Loyola (4-5)… the wheels have almost fallen off the Cubs wagon after losing to Notre Dame 24-14, second straight loss and travels to Bishop Amat on Friday.
10. 10. View Park (8-0)…I am not contending that VP could beat any of the teams in our rankings, but what I am rewarding is their undefeated season that will likely continue for coach Robert Ambers on Friday at Sun Valley.