1. Long Beach Poly (2-0) – No shocker here, they destroyed Newport Harbor 26-2 and are ready for a rematch with Carson tomorrow.
2. Loyola (2-1) – Nearly pulled off the state's biggest upset over Concord De La Salle but needs to avoid a letdown against St. John's Bosco.
3. Gardena Serra (3-0) – A 53-0 beatdown of San Gabriel was impressive but let's see how they do against Redondo tomorrow.
4. Narbonne (2-0) – Mira Costa has to find a way to slow down Gauchos' impressive offensive. Good luck.
5. Compton (2-0) – How do you follow up the biggest win in years? By feeding on Granada Hills Kennedy tomorrow.
6. Carson (1-2) - a late TD gave the Colts their first win last week but up next, a rematch some team ranked in the No. 1 spot who beat them 38-9 last year.
7. L.A. Jordan (1-2) – Somebody give the Bulldogs and their fans gas vouchers for all the miles they've logged. Next stop, Mater Dei tonight in Santa Ana.
8. Crenshaw – A last second field goal kept them from their first win but a bye week should help them regroup for their home opener against Culver City on Oct. 3
9. Dorsey (2-0) – Hard to not lick chops at facing Birmingham next week, but first, the Dons take on winless North Hollywood on the road tomorrow.
10. Dominguez (0-3) - The Dons need to find a way to put up points if they hope to compete down the road and avoid tiring out their defense.