This is the final Top 10 poll of the year as playoffs begin this week. Records are as of season's end before the playoffs
1. Fairfax – The Lions are gunning for a third straight appearance in the City Finals and in the No. 2 slot, they should have a rematch with Taft in the semis.
2. Westchester – The Comets may have deserved the No. 1 seed but computers should NEVER play a role in determining it.
3. Taft – Their defense of the City title starts today as the No. 3 seed and we'll see how far they can hold off the teams above them.
4. Dominguez – The Dons earned the No. 3 seed in the Division I-AA playoffs but it's going to be a dogfight defending their crown as potential foes include Long Beach Poly, Pasadena and Riverside King. And that's before they could get to Mater Dei.
5. Bishop Montgomery – The No. 1 seed in the Division IV-AA bracket starts their playoff push Friday at home.
6. Windward (20-6) – They've earned the No. 1 seed in Division V-A, let's see how well their tough schedule prepared them for this run.
7. Leuzinger (21-5) – After winning league for the first time in three years, the No. 2 seed in Div. II-AA bracket should have a good run.
8. Long Beach Jordan (21-5) – Your reward for winning the Moore League, a second round date with undefeated Mater Dei tomorrow.
9. Long Beach Poly (21-5) – Don't be fooled by the No. 11 seed, this is the team nobody wants to face in Division I-AA. Just ask Pasadena tomorrow.
10. Crenshaw (19-3) – If anybody has a right to gripe about playoff position, it's the Cougars. But they won't because lurking for revenge tonight is L.A. Jordan, who lost to them last year.