It’s no secret that counting calories and exercising keep us fit … But those steps are just part of the equation
Picking up enough proteins during the day can be just as important as doubling up with the dumbbells.
Experts agree that protein is a secret weapon for fueling a healthy lifestyle, maintaining weight and warding off colds and flu.
Protein isn’t stored in the body like fats or carbohydrates, so getting enough of it throughout the day, even between meals are key. For a quick snack or energy boost, consider incorporating nutrient-rich beverages into your diet as a way to boost vitamin and mineral intake.
“High protein snacks and nutritional beverages can play an important role in managing a healthy lifestyle – whether you’re an elite athlete or a casual exerciser trying to maintain your weight with smart eating and physical activity,” says Dr. Marcus Elliott, who works with world-class athletes, and sports teams like the New England Patriots and the Utah Jazz.
Elliott adds that eating right and maintaining energy levels with adequate protein is essential for starving off stress and enjoying a healthy life.
He says that bolstering well being begins with taking life one day at a time to manage stress. Elliott offers these seven simple steps to follow for healthy living:
• Eliminate worry. Focus on real, immediate issues, and try to tune out imaginary situations and those out of your control.
• Get away. Make it a habit to “step out” for 10 to 15 minutes daily. Find a quiet spot to be alone and restore your inner peace.
• Write or talk it out. Journaling or sharing thoughts with friends can help alleviate stress by expelling feelings on paper or in discussion.
• Eat healthy and get enough protein. Drinking a nutrient-rich beverage like ZOIC provides a convenient way to get all the nutrients you need during a busy day.
• Move it! Because exercise is one of the most effective stress relievers. Take a brisk walk during lunch break or stretch a few times throughout the day, make every movement count.
• Be positive. Curb complaints; focus on positive outcomes and help reduce tension by focusing on small daily goals.
• Laugh it off. Humor is an effective means for coping with stress. Laughing helps provide perspective, reduces tension and is great for the heart.
Nutritional beverage ZOIC is formulated to provide an optimal mix of 21 grams of high- quality protein, 26 vitamins and minerals, antioxidants and dietary fiber.
Each serving provides only 110 calories, no added sugar and is 99 percent fat free.
ZOIC is certified as heart-healthy with the American Heart Association’s heart-check mark, indicating it meets the organization’s criteria for saturated fat and cholesterol for healthy people, and kids over age two.
ZOIC is also qualified under the FDA Heart Health Claim.
ZOIC is available in French Vanilla and Belgian Chocolate flavors, and is sold in 4-packs in the health, nutrition and beauty care aisles at most major retailers nationwide.
For more information, visit www.zoicbev.com.