Week 7 shook up the polls so here's where the rankings stand heading into Week 8.
1. Long Beach Poly (7-0): 76 consecutive league wins and counting. And it gets no better for opponents because quarterback Morgan Fennell might just be finding his rhythm after his performance Friday (7-11, 100 yards, 2 TD's).
2. Gardena Serra (7-0): St. Bernard will try to be the first league opponent to put up more than 10 points but first they have to keep the Cavaliers under 20. Good luck.
3. Narbonne (6-1): Coach Manuel Douglas said their focus is solely on winning the Marine League right now so no need to state the obvious that the No. 1 playoff seed is theirs to lose.
4. Compton (6-0): The Tarbabes will enjoy some more home cooking against Long Beach Millikan Friday before a repeat of last year's showdown with Long Beach Poly next week.
5. Taft (6-1): It's a race to be No. 2 in the City and the Toreadors have a slight edge over San Pedro and Crenshaw. They'll be looking for some more treats against Chatsworth this Friday.
6. Loyola (4-3): It could be a long fall for the Cubs who face 6-1 Bishop Amat Saturday and may have Anthony Barr at less than 100 percent.
7. Crenshaw (4-2): A big fourth quarter kept them from losing to a tough Locke team but the Cougars will need that complete game if they want to avoid a scary surprise from Dorsey tonight.
8. San Pedro (6-1): Give them credit for pushing the Gauchos to three overtimes and they have the easiest road to the playoffs after getting by Marine League's best. Let's see if Banning has something to say about that tonight.
9. Carson (3-4): Tight end Morrell Presley may be gone until the City Section semifinals with a broken wrist but if the Colts put up points like they did against Washington, they just might be alright.
10. L.A. Jordan (3-4): Allowing nearly 400 yards on the ground led to a surprising upset loss to Roosevelt and with South East's Senen Carson on the docket tonight, they need to avoid the upset.