IMPORTANT MESSAGE: CONSTRUCTION AT LA SENTINEL OFFICE: Due to unforeseen construction work, our office is temporarily closed. We are operating business off site and still accepting ads and classified ads. View Company Directory.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR LEGISLATIVE BLACK
CAUCUS 2012 SUMMER YOUTH LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
Sacramento - The California Legislative Black Caucus has issued a call for applications for its annual African American Leaders for Tomorrow Program (AALTP).
The weeklong residential summer program will be held at California State University, Sacramento (CSUS), from July 21–28, 2012.
Fifty (50) students will be selected for participation in the program to receive leadership training and attend workshops on topics including financial literacy, effective leadership, college preparation and the importance of community advocacy.
Students will stay on the CSUS campus in school dormitories. Housing, meals, program materials and transportation during the conference will be provided at no cost to the participants. Transportation will also be provided to Sacramento for students selected for the Los Angeles area.
• Students currently in good academic standing as of January 1, 2012, and eligible to graduate in 2013 or 2014 with a 2.5 or higher GPA.
• Demonstration of leadership potential (i.e. involvement in student government, community leadership or similar activities).
• Current high school transcript.
• Two letters of recommendation. One letter must be from a school official and one from a community member who is not related to you.
• Essay Requirements (2 required).
1.MARCH 28, 2012 - Applications will be available.
2.June 18, 2012 - Application deadline.
3.July 2, 2012 - Students will be notified.
4.July 21–28, 2012 –AALTP Summer Program
For more information, contact Gladys Glaude at
or call (916) 278-4849 or visit: http://www.cce.csus.edu/conferences/AALTP/12/