ATTENTION COMMUTERS, RESIDENTS, AND BUSINESSES IN THE VICINITY OF ADAMS BLVD., BETWEEN I-110 NORTH HOV OFF-RAMP & FLOWER STREET
The Metro ExpressLanes Demonstration Project along the Harbor Freeway (I-110) will lessen congestion, improve travel choices, and maximize efficiency on a heavily traveled north-south corridor connecting the South Bay to downtown Los Angeles. The project will provide a new way to move traffic in LA County by converting the existing HOV (carpool) lanes on the I-110 to ExpressLanes. Anticipated project completion is Fall 2012. As part of the continuing construction, the Contractor will:
• Widen the Adams Blvd. overcrossing to accommodate an exclusive right turn lane, providing two right turn lanes to the HOV collector to Figueroa St.
WHAT: Pavement removal and replacement.
WHEN: Friday, August 10, 2012 at 10:00 pm – Monday, August 13, 2012 at 6:00 am, weather permitting
WHERE: Eastbound and Westbound Lanes on Adams Blvd. between I-110 Northbound HOV Lane Off-Ramp & Flower Street, Los Angeles
WHAT TO EXPECT:
• Closure of the I-110 Northbound HOV Lane Off-Ramp at Adams Blvd.
• Closure of Adams Blvd., between I-110 Northbound HOV Lane Off-Ramp & Flower Street
• Flaggers and traffic control signs will be placed during the construction activity.
• Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times.
• Access will be maintained for the Fire Department & emergency responders at all times.
• Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the construction zone.
• Accessibility to homes and businesses will be maintained.
For construction related inquiries call 213-922-4200, visit www.metro.net/expresslanes or www.facebook.com/expresslanes or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/expresslanes